Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Tuesday 26 October 2010

Blog 92: 8

My annoying thing for this week is when technology goes wrong. Here is an example of such a situation.

"Oh look, a Macbook. It looks nice, I hear it performs well and how much is it...£800?! and even more for the PRO version?! Oh dear that is pricey...Oh well, if it's as good as it is expensive, which I've heard it is, then I'll go for it..."

Some years later.

"I'll just turn my mac on. I haven't done anything like downloaded a dodgy file because I haven't downloaded anything for about a week, so there's no reason why it won't switch on...just press that button there...
WHAT THE HELL IT WON'T SWITCH ON AND NOW ALL MY PHOTOS OF THAILAND ARE EFFING GONE."

This is just ONE, JUST ONE example of technology going wrong. There are many others:

"This plane seems sturdy, and they've been perfected over time...Uh oh, it's crashing."
"Ah, a hairdryer, I'll just dry my hair whilst I'm in the bath...woops!"
"Right, I just need to straighten my hair so I can look pretty when I go ou-AH SUGAR I'VE BURNT A FRAGMENT OF MY FACE"

And so on and so forth. Soon it will be 2011 and my face is still burnt from straighteners. This annoys me.

No comments: