Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Monday 23 February 2009

Blog 16: Teacher Creature

I was much annoyed recently by my art teacher telling me that unless I understand how to draw a realistic human skeleton structure, I am not able to draw angels and demons.




...




When was the last freakin' time she saw an angel/demon, dissected it and removed the skeleton succesfully without it breaking, and did the exact same to a human, and then compared them to realise that angel skeletons are exactly the same as that of a human...


I was also told a doodle of the Hulk wasn't realistic enough...perhaps 'cos it was unnaturally large and also of a green colouring...(?)


IT'S A FREAKING SCIENCE FICTION CHARACTER, HE'S NOT GOING TO ABIDE BY THE CONVENTIONS OF AN AVERAGE HUMAN SKELETON!!!!


Much annoyed.

FURTHERMORE, when looking up on some artists that they had recommended I look at, I found this picture, on the left.
So apparently, essentially a big green human is less realistic than little babies with big heads and goggle eyes being fired like bullets from a gun is a perfectly acceptable and realistic concept in modern day life, and I should snap back to reality, get with the times, and start drawing observationally like a proper artist...
I'd like to add that whereas a teacher earns, say £25,000 to £30,000 a year, whereas Frank Miller's Sin City as a film made $158,753,820 in revenue (at a cost of $40,000,00): that's just one of his projects. Think about how much money his entire life's work made for him, and then come and tell me I'm wasting my time, learn to stick pictures from google on a page and paint coffee on them.
Chew on that, teacher creatures.

No comments: