Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Saturday 25 February 2012

Blog 127: Media Madness

On the Independent's website today I saw this headline: "Father, 11, hides as pregnant girl faces the media".

YOU ARE THE MEDIA! Don't turn on some poor 11 year old who's ONLY 11 because he's hiding, as kids do, whilst the pregnant mother has to face the inevitable media alone. What about leaving them both alone, you ever think of that?

Other bits in this article that wound me up:

"Six weeks on, they [her parents] have adjusted to the news and are impressed by the way the youngsters have handled the situation." So apparently breaking the law and getting pregnant at 15 is 'impressive'.

"Sean's mother, Theresa, is said to be unhappy with the situation." Really? You mean his mum thinks her 11 year old son being a Dad isn't an ideal situation? I thought the news is meant to tell us stuff we don't know.

"She reportedly said, before disappearing to an unknown address: "He [Sean] is only a child. He doesn't really understand what is going on. This has put him under tremendous pressure. She [Emma] is much more mature and experienced than him, and I worry as any mother would.""

Um...she's only 15, she's not THAT much mature and experienced than him. Bloody hell. Although, to be fair, at 11, Sean is now much more experienced than me.

No comments: