Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Thursday 23 April 2009

Blog 11: An Imposter Extremist!

You may notice that I have no blog 11 on my blog. This was because I removed it to prevent the victim of the rant from finding it, as I am clearly a two-faced git.
However, I saved it on my computer with the intention of republishing it once I arrived at Uni and no longer knew the victim.
Well, cleverly, my computer wiped it, so although this may appear to be the same, it is merely an imposter.
Here we go...
God creates the Earth in 6 days, rests on the 7th. God creates man and woman and gives them free will.
This bit is important.
Man USES free will!!! (gasp)
Now some Christians think that they, as a superior in holiness levels (because of some bizarre notion in there minds that they are after all higher than God AND the Pope) have the right to rid us of this free will.
Don't get me wrong, I am a Christian, and I have nothing against my own religion. I'm against extreme Christians who give the rest of us Christians a bad name. When extremist Christians come to you telling you you can't watch a film due to the sex scene it gets ridiculous.
The other day I was watching Watchmen with friends and for those who have seen it, it has a pretty dodgy sex scene in it. It's an amazing film, stylistically made, good acting by actors essentially unseen elsewhere. The next day I ask Mister Higher-than-the-Pope himself if he enjoyed what he'd seen of said film, and was surprised when he said "No, I didn't need to see all that nudity really." It still didn't click with me that he'd stormed out in the nudity scene, until break time when he came and told me that as Christians we shouldn't be watching that sort of thing because it doesn't teach good morals.
IT'S A FILM!
IT'S NOT REAL!
He says that he doesn't like sex scenes if they aren't done tastefully.
However, after my initial annoyance (which lasted 3 months) i took pleasure in the fact that Sin City is the film adaptation of his favourite graphic novel and also has dodgy sex scenes in it, he would say. I told him Sin City is really good except the sex scene and he said "yeah I don't really want to see it though."
Whatever.
What's really wierd is that one of his favourite films is Sweeney Todd, as if throat slashing is ok but sex isn't.
But its not the only thing he's ever done to annoy me.
He told me off for listening to the Rolling Stones.
He sent my self conscious and unconfident (but wonderful) friend a letter asking why she doesn't treat him like she treats me, and that me and her are closer than he and her, and why is this? (Hrmmmm, probably because she doesn't want to be treated like a cat, so stop petting her and see how that goes) This was followed by a phone call which made her feel pressurized into promising she'll change.
He hugs and pets this girl and tells her he imagines her napping even though they don't really get on and she is CLEARLY uncomfortable with it all.
AND other stuff as well.
Anyhoo, I'll post this up when I no longer know the guy, but I get the feeling he'd know who he is if he ever read this.
SO Yeh, i'm two faced and I'm bitchin' now, but if he is reading this then maybe he'll take a hint...
Or more than a hint as it turns out.

No comments: