Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Blog 18: Social Butterfly, or Wasp?

I have a saturday job, which I have ranted in relation to before, and you may have read all about my unencouraging boss. You may even remember the intellectual comment from Mr. Li, my medical sidekick, about how he agreed.
Well this is sort of a follow up rant about that very same boss.

I'm quite a talkative guy, as you may have been able to tell from the endless chatter on this blog, and this gets me into trouble at times at work, as I chat more than work sometimes. However, it has become somewhat exaggerated by the bosses.

3 or 4 times in a year I have been told to not chat...I think that's pretty good...
However, apparently, this is too much, and it has become apparent to my boss that I am something of a troublemaker.

So now he thinks I'm behind everything...and I'm unfairly treated as a result. For example, I now frequently put eggs out (they're on a different aisle) so I am seperated from others. Similarly I have to put fish out whilst the boss is upstairs in the morning, and whilst everyone else is the other end of the aisle, again being seperated.
Moreover, twice I have been told off for being, like 3 or 4 minutes late to work even though I have a colleague who was an HOUR AND A HALF late and got off scot free 'cos she apologised. I even worked ten minutes after my usual finish time to make up for it...yet its not good enough...
The other instance was when my colleague went up for lunch (we have an hour) and then I went up a couple of minutes later...
I came down 1h3mins later, and he came 2 minutes after that...guess who gets told off?

The other day we were all restacking a cage, which for some reason my colleague decided to set up a rather impressive conveyor belt system, only with people, and when my boss' boss saw us, he told our boss, and guess who got told off? Me. As if I was in charge, or the ringleader, when the reality is I was manipulated into it.

I can't quite put my finger on the reason for his judgement. Maybe it's my long hair, or my reluctance to shave for work, or perhaps the Che Guevara wrist band I occasionally wear.

I only wear it because it has nice colours.

2 comments:

FitScottishBloke said...

This guy needs prayer!

Andrew Chandler said...

prayer? more like a slap on the face!

(prayer can also be inicated)