Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Saturday 13 February 2010

Blog 57: Psychological Mindset

I've been thinking about my lifestyle recently and I'm now a bit worried about my mental health.

As I write this I am sitting on an opened up sleeping bag with a duvet and two pillows, which is where I have slept for the past two nights. However, my laptop is perched on a perfectly good mattress which has been serving as my bedside table for that time.

Every now and then I scuttle outside of my bedroom, bearing in mind I haven't washed since yesterday morning, and I haven't been outside in the fresh air since 11 o clock yesterday, and I run into the kitchen to get some food and then run back and watch South Park or Star Wars or Ghostbusters.

It reminded me of the time over Christmas when my family went to Italy leaving me alone at home, and how then I brought everything I would need or want in that week into the living room and set up base camp on my sofa.

I'm worried because that's probably not normal behavior for a human being. It's the sort of thing that lower forms of life do, the sort of animals you find towards the lower end of the food chain. I'm a creature; I establish a nest, and then leave the nest every now and then to forage for scraps which I bring back to the nest and consume there, making sure all the while that I'm not spotted by predators.

I think I should get some help...

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

This sounds like life at its finest. Hells yeah!

Kate x

P.S. Evenin'! :)