Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Blog 96: 4

So it's the New Year. And I know I didn't keep my promise to upload my 100th blog post as it turned midnight, so I'm sorry to all of you who read my blog (my understanding is that it's not that many) and I will make it up to you by having a wonderful blog for my 96th one with pictures and everything. It'll be like magic.

Yesterday I went on a lovely trip to London to Madamme Tussaud's.
Oh, what a place!

Where else can you stand next to a statue of Freddie Mercury or Jimi Hendrix or Henry VIII as if they were still alive?
Well, Madamme Tussaud's anywhere else, of course, but there's nowhere else in London, that's for 78% sure!
And so off I went on the tube, all to London, and went in the door and LOOK! THE BEATLES! LEO DI CAPRIO! JONNY DEPP! JOHN F KENNEDY! David Cameron? Zac...Ef..ron?
Uh oh. I've walked into my worst nightmare, I realised, as I looked over to Patrick Stewart on his own (he'd probably cry if he had tear ducts) whilst Leona Lewis had crowds around her. And where's Mick Jagger? Ian McKellen? Waitaminute... why isn't Stalin here?!

The world around me crashed down into tiny pieces as I realised finally that I'm not like anyone else. I'm 19, and yet I don't like JLS more than Slash, I don't agree that Glee is a good thing and I certainly don't want to watch a film where the main character is played by Daniel Radcliff. And that's when I learnt the horrible truth about myself. That I'm an old person trapped in a tubby young person's body. I'm grumpy, I reminisce about the "good ol' days" which I didn't even experience and I'm living in my own personal nightmare where my favourite song from this year was by Kylie.

And I will moan about it. I will moan about how people watch the Hills and yet NOBODY watches the Office or Flight of the Conchords. I'll complain that people read Hello magazine but have never picked up the Hobbit or even tried the Watchmen. But I guess these things will never change. They will just continue to scare and alienate me until I sit on a porch and shout things at passers-by until I become the talk of the town and the laughing stock of the local schools. They'll make jokes about how I'm probably a sexual deviant in secret, or how I am definately a criminal. And I'll just continue to rant my way into insanity and think "It all began with that blog."

And to cheer ourselves all up a bit, here's a link to my pictures:
http://mike-is-a-hero.tumblr.com/


No comments: