Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Friday 5 September 2008

Blog 5: First Impressions

Started school again today. It's gonna be a good year I reckon. When i got my timetable, my three free periods of last year have nearly quadrupled, and now stand at 11! My typical tuesday is 3 frees and two art lessons, which i am doing something i enjoy all day! My art project's gonna be good i hope. I realize that people aren't happy enough. People who smile and laugh in public get weird looks, and i don't know why society has become so that it is almost forbidden to laugh unless you are a mental. Why does "cool" and "hard" have to exclude cheerful? Anyhow, my art is basically going to push my views on this further and in a way that gets the message to people. Hopefully it'll put a smile on their faces. Our new Head of 6th form introduced himself today. He essentially just had a go at us all, which i thought was a bit out. What he was saying was true, and the problems do need to be tackled, but the way he went about it didn't work for me. I'd have done it different. Hopefully its just bad first impressions though, and he may get better. I've decided to go all out this last year and get mega involved. So I'm signing up for inter house music, both orchestra and choir. I'm not going to sign up for cross country though. Today in politics, we had a test to see what we had learnt in our summer about american politics at the moment. I was asked Barrack Obama's running partner, and I panicked, because i didn't know that we had to know who the potential next president's jogging buddy is. I didn't realize she meant his would-be Vice President should he win, someone called Joe Biden or summat. When asked what was unusual about him I wrote "He enjoys running." The answer was that he had a successful hair transplant. Anyway, I'm ready for another holiday, although I've only had two lessons so far.

No comments: