Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Wednesday 10 September 2008

Blog 7: Stressy

The only way to make it in this world, unless you make it as a rockstar or filmstar or sports star or big brother star (?) is to go to Uni and do something academic. The problem with all that is that often, you can be 25 before you finish uni. And then they say that the peak of your life is at 30. So you have 5 years to live before you begin to die. So why are we wasting it on education?
Life expectancy in England is about 80, why do we have to rush and cram in all our education in about 12 years? Why not stretch it out, make it a little less pressured and learn over a longer time, and live a little while we're at it, instead of spending time doing homework.
I'm 17, and i consider myself a child still, basically. Why am i expected to take exams this year that will determine the rest of my life? Two years ago i had to choose 4 subjects to take forward into LIFE. Now I have to spend the rest of my life in those subjects.
Another thing; why do Unis require sometimes stupid grades? I'm looking into art for uni, but Universities like Reading require AAB grades to take graphics. Only one of those needs to be arty...why do I need maths or politics to go to university to do art?
They say school years are the best years of your life. Well, uh-oh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, when you put it like that, depressing really isn't - and the worst part is I reckon that that's essentially true. I've just taken my A level options, and because I'm trying to get into a decent Uni, my folks won't let me do both music and drama (which I love) cos they're 'soft options'. I've gotta choose - sucks don't it.