Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Thursday 17 June 2010

Blog 79: Charity Work

This is a blog which I hope will relate to people who also wish their lives was more like a Hollywood Rom-Com.

Recently, I've been helping my grandparents move house, and whilst taking books to the charity shop, I noticed that bizarrely, not all the workers in the charity shop were middle aged to elderly women, but in fact ONE of them was amazing and gorgeous and beautiful and young.

BUT of course, we live in the real world. I'm not Brad Pitt or George Clooney, I can't merely wink or smirk and wait for her to fall in love with me straight away, and I certainly can't somehow spill acid in her eyes and then assure her I'm massively sexy. These things don't work.

So basically there's nothing I can do. She will forever be just a girl in a charity shop who I saw once and then never saw again, escaping into the mists of time and just another person I saw once. Like everyone else.

People say "OH just go in and strike conversation". WELL I'M NOT JAMES FREAKING BOND.
"Just be yourself!" WELL THAT WON'T WORK, it never does. "Volunteer at the Charity Shop" ...this was my idea, actually, but even so, I'm not a stalker...yet...

Maybe I'll leave a link to this blog on her desk and hope she realises how funny I am, and maybe how single I am because of the 79 Blog Posts I've done when I could've been snogging.

No comments: