Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Blog 66: Creamy Screamy

This is a review of the movie Scream.

Scream was far better than I expected it! I thought it would just be a slasher movie, and it was! But there was some story to it which was a pleasant surprise. The scariest part was easily when I realised Drew Barrymore was in it, but thankfully she was offed pretty early on.

However, there was one flaw with the storyline. It's explained why the killer killed the main character's mum and why he wants to kill her and her dad, (I won't give it away :P) but it never seems to explain why he picks on and kills Drew Barrymore at the beginning. Of course, anyone who can read between the lines will realise that the killer just doesn't like Drew Barrymore, which I think is fair enough.

I have no idea why the killer in the Scream mask can't be on screen for over a minute without running into a fridge or door or tripping or slipping though. He's actually a pretty rubbish killer, and it's beyond me why none of the victims can't just pick his knife up on any of the thousands of occasions he falls over and just kill the killer...

My favourite part was when the main character's boyfriend turns up at the door where the party is, and jumps into the doorway yelling AAAA! for no reason. He's not even trying to play a joke. But that moment was just a massive joke.

Scream's scores are made me jump twice, 7 for the monster, 6 for filming, 9 for story, 7 for acting and 5 for music, giving it 45 overall. A new leader on the leader board! Next up is Stephen King's Carrie. Let's hope it doesn't drag on like IT did.

No comments: