Welcome!

Hello everyone, thanks for coming! This is my blog, it's where I largely write about things that maybe 3 people read, but I do it anyway because they matter. Have a flick through, read ones with interesting titles, and check by every once in a while and see if there's any more. You can also follow me on twitter at @MikePasquale or you can visit my website which has got all my illustration on it: www.smash-rockets-to-mars.co.uk

Anyway, thanks again, and hope you enjoy your reading!
Mike

Thursday 20 May 2010

Blog 70: Psych-o Mike-o

This is the review of Psycho, but not the original Hitchcock version, but the 1998 remake with Vince Vaughn in. Not that anyone reads this and/or cares.

This film was amazing, and I definately recommend watching it. Basically, that's all I have to say.
There was the odd couple of flaws, such as when the Sheriff of police comments "If the woman up there was Mrs Bates, then who's out buried in the cemetary?"

IT'S YOUR JOB TO FIND OUT YOU MENTALIST.

Other than that, Viggo Mortensen's acting wasn't anything special, but then I guess it never is, and the hot-ish woman who's in the Lost World made up for it. Vince Vaughn did an amazing job playing Norman Bates, and I wouldn't have thought he'd be able to act as well as he did, because, let's face it, he's pretty naff in everything else.

Overall, it made me jump 3 times, has a 7/10 "monster", 8/10 for filming, 9/10 for the story, 10/10 for acting and 10/10 for the music, which not only means the classic theme tune, but also for the sound effects: the part when hotty discovers the dead mother in the basement has the sound of singing birds, which somehow is made scary. That leaves Psycho with a deserved score of 47, which makes it joint first with Carrie.

Next up, and the film I'll be watching whilst I chow down on some late supper, will be The Thing, a slightly less known horror film. I'm expecting the worst...

No comments: